Career Speaker Series
The Career Speaker Series will enable you to tap into the advice, best practices and tips of 36 of the nation’s top career authors. This year, the series features lectures in four unique webinar series designed to provide career advice through each of the transitions of your life.
The Career Speaker Series, which runs from October through June, is held every Wednesday from 7-8 p.m. cst.
- On the first Wednesday of the month, we feature authors who provide the latest tips and strategies for job seekers. Our CareerSearch series includes traditional job search knowledge like building resumes, acing interviews and networking, as well as internet-related job search strategies. This series will get you to your next job quicker!
- The second Wednesday of the month, you can tap into the knowledge of career authors who share workplace advice. The CareerDiscussions series covers issues such as dealing with difficult people, negotiating salaries, breaking through the glass ceiling and changing careers. When you have a career plan you will get where you want to go faster and with less effort.
- The third Wednesday of the month brings you the CareerSkills series that will introduce authors who can help you build your soft skills. Everyone needs help to enhance their leadership, teamwork, time management, communication and creative skills. Enhanced soft skills mean career and salary advances!
- Boomers can find the advice they need on the fourth Wednesday in the CareerEncores We feature authors that help pre- and post-retirees deal with the emotional, psychological, physical, spiritual, financial and even the entrepreneurial issues they face.
There is a topic for everyone, no matter which stage of career growth you are in.
Check out the list of upcoming speakers
Once enrolled in the Career Speaker Series, you will receive access to our program homepage where you will find:
- Access to the weekly webinars
- Access to watch recorded webinars that aired in previous weeks
- On demand access to over 50 additional webinars
Enrollment is FREE to all UW-Whitewater alumni, students and employees. Register today!