Located in the Greenhill Center of the Arts
Raymond E. Light served as a Music Department faculty member at UW-Whitewater from 1954 until he retired in 1982. He became the director of vocal music and established the Concert Choir, which is among the best in Wisconsin. Light was the founding dean of the College of Arts, and in 1971, he supervised the design and the completion of the Greenhill Center of the Arts.
Light proved to be an outstanding teacher, receiving the W.P. Roseman Excellence in Teaching Award — the university's highest teaching honor — in 1968. Shortly after he passed away in 1994, his family established three scholarships in his name, awarded every year in art, music and theatre.
Want to learn more about the College of Arts and Communication or contact our departments? Contact us »